Monday, July 28, 2008

how sweet it is...

...to be loved by cake. And yes, as a comfort eater, I do honestly believe that food (desserts in particular) have a very special love for the person partaking of them. Am I a bit looney? For sure, but you can't tell me that a piece of cake has never made you feel good...or perhaps I am the only one. My husband and I have a dessert just about every weekend. At his request, this weekend we had a dessert that did not include chocolate. I was rather stumped because just about everything I bake involves chocolate in some way--icing, filling, etc.--but he did not want even a cousin or uncle to chocolate hovering around his dessert. Okay, okay. I get it--no chocolate! I began sifting through my favorite blogs and found a recipe for Sweet Almond Cake with Lemon Curd and Lemon Mascarpone Icing on mysweetandsaucy.com. The recipe was taken from Sweet Melissa's Baking Book and let me just tell you-- it. was. delicious. I don't think I have ever loved a non-chocolate dessert so much. Chocolate should really be jealous--and worried! I might just have another lover on the side...

3 comments:

Culinary Wannabe said...

What a beautiful looking cake! Totally agree with you on the fact that a piece of cake can make you feel better - if it didn't, we would all look like Paris Hilton! ;)

My Sweet & Saucy said...

So glad you liked the cake too!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to try this out. I am going to do my brother's grooms cake and he prefers lemon desserts.